Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sure That I Am Sure

Raise your hand if you're sure! Okay, that is a VERY OLD commercial and really has nothing to do with this post.

I was visited tonight by a FAITH team from a local church. It was nice to see people getting out in the neighborhoods and going to the people. So many churches these days seem to try and beg people to come to church through many avenues. The fact is Jesus didn't beg people to come into a building...HE didn't put on a show...He simply went to the people and spoke the truth.

This team asked me a few questions as part of a survey they are doing among Christians. It was very refreshing to know that I have my beliefs and convictions and that I am very sure of myself in Christ. By the end of the questions they would say...well, we know the answer but we'll ask you anyway. I realized my vision for ministry, what is truly important, and how important it is to me to tell the sinner the truth so they can be free in Christ.

No comments: