Monday, November 12, 2007

BAM!

This past Sunday I heard a message titled, BAM! Bringing Back the Power of God in Your Life. (Pastor Bil Cornelius - Bay Area Fellowship) This was a very inspiring message. As much as I thought I was focused on God, I realized how far I have drifted away from the power of God.

Three major points that really hit home for me me were...

1) REPENTANCE is the key foundation to a life of power. Humility is a magnet to the power of God. God's already seen the sin. We are not hiding anything from Him. How long are we going to stay enslaved to the Enemy? Admit and ask for forgiveness, quickly. David was not perfect...He messed up in a big way, often. However, he was a very humble man and was quick to say, "I'm Sorry." Justification is the downfall of so many people. We don't need to justify sin, we need to repent.

2) You must have a season of PREPARATION before you will see the "big results" you desire. I have always served God and living each day for Him is not enough. Just like there is a lot of work that goes into farming each season, so we must put in A LOT of work into our lives and walk with God as each season of our life unfolds. What I did the past few years is not enough for the new season in my life. I need to take it up a notch. Give God more. This brought me back to a time when my husband had really wanted me to be in service with him and attending bible studies and so forth, but I was convinced I needed to continue serving in the capacities I had always served. I could do personal study for rejuvenation, right? WRONG!!! I see now how important that time was for us to be in preparation together, and I had to repent for that lost time. I wonder how well I would have made it through these past few months of ministry disappointments had we been better prepared as a couple. What growing did I lose during that time I was serving instead of preparing. If farmers don't prepare the fields and just keep planting the crops will eventually fail. Next time I will listen when I am being led into a time of preparation. After all, God sees the ENTIRE picture.

3) Celebrate the (present) New Day and be open to change. Being open to change...I can handle that. I realized the past couple of weeks how far I have come from doing church traditionally to be a little more contemporary in how I think people will be reached. Change I am good with that. Here is where my toes were stepped on a bit...here's a quote...The happiest people in life don't have the BEST of everything. They make the best of what they have. I am not a greedy, needy person, however, I have found myself saying if we can make it to a certain point or if I had that one thing it would catalyst us into some euphoric place. I realized as much as we think we make the best of what we have, we are really trying to get more out of everyday instead of utilizing everything in our life to its full potential. I want to celebrate each new day and everything in it without expecting more before I am ready. Show yourself faithful in the little things and blessings will come your way. This is the day that the Lord has made, I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!

BAM!

1 comment:

Jason Curlee said...

It was a great message...but you have me thinking...I'll let you dwell on your thoughts though...it can go both ways for me. I know you'll probably say...huh???