Monday, February 4, 2008

Don't Quote Me on That!

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


I am back in school and learning more about how to teach and communicate with children. I feel like a lot of what I have been learning I already know in theory, but my goal is to dig deeper. I need to figure out how I can do things different to make the biggest impact. I figure if I am responsible for making a difference in a child's life and I want to see them grow, then I better be growing as well. I feel like the past couple of year's whether it is with my communication skills, graphics, knowledge...it has been a huge growth time for me. I am not taking it for granted and I do not want it to go to waste. Jesus grew the disciples, not for them to go back to their comfort zones or what they used to do when he was gone, but for them to continue making a difference in the lives of others. Are you making a difference in the lives of others?

I want to leave you with a fortune cookie saying my husbad has taped to our bathroom mirror...

Each day compel yourself to do something you would rather not do.

1 comment:

Jason Curlee said...

Two great quotes....keep getting stretched and soak it all in...God is preparing you for something great.