Monday, March 3, 2008

Music

Tonight in my readings for school, I ran across a quote by Zoltan Kodaly, a late Hungarian composer and educator. He once said, "There is no sound spiritual life without music." I know for me this is very true. If I am running late to church and miss part of praise and worship, I feel like I have missed my time with God. We were created to worship God. It was once said when we get to heaven it will be nothing but praise and worship. I think this is our time with God when we draw close to him. When our hearts seek Him out to let Him know who He is in our lives, how we feel about Him, to let Him know we need him. It is almost like a small child at the feet of his/her parents crying out letting them know they need to be held awhile or that they love them or need something.

How is your spiritual life today? Have you cried out to God lately? Do you sing a new song to Him? Have you declared Him the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords over your life? I challenge you today to spend some time with God in worship, honor, and praise today. God is worthy of our praises. Let your heart and VOICE be lifted up today!

No comments: