Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dreams are Forever

Tonight I was asked the question, "What do you see?" This is the same question God posed to Jeremiah in Jeremiah Chapter 1. When I was asked this question my life and dreams replayed rather quickly before me much like they do in the movies. Every move myself and now my family has made began having a reason. I began to see God's hand all along the way.

When I was young I was the wild, passionate weirdo for God. God always had me with people or in places I really did not fit in and all I knew to do was to stand strong for Him. Honestly, noone ever really thought me weird and they all listened. I remember telling someone I thought was a great friend and fellow Christian that I believed God was going to use me to reach a lot of people for Christ. When he asked me what I meant by a lot, I said, "A LOT." I shared with him that I once had a dream where there was an endless amount of people and when I woke up my passion to share God with people was unbearable. I really felt like I was called to do great things, awesome things that only God could do through me. My "friend" looked at me that day and told me that I was crazy. God would never use me like that. I think a part of that dream faded and I have tried very hard for a long time to see parts of that dream come to past but never seeing it or believing it to God's potential.

I never completely lost that vision. In fact, while a children's pastor at my last church my vision for that ministry was to IMPACT THE WORLD. The vision is still there. My passion is definitely there! Lately, as each day goes by, my heart has been stirring. There is a desperation within me for the lost. I know the answer for so many hurting people and I want them to know that God IS that answer. Suddenly tonight, I no longer ask God the questions...Why is my famiy in Corpus Christi when we don't fit in? Why are we here when friends and family live so far away? Why can't I find people that love God as much as I do? Lord, why have you moved us in new directions in our life? Why have I had to struggle and go through situations I never dreamed of?...ANSWER: GOD HAS A PLAN. HIS WAYS ARE HIGHER THAN OUR WAYS. ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO LOVE THE LORD. I AM NOT IN CONTROL...HE IS!

I still don't understand everything, but I know I do have a vision that God gave me as a young girl and I am ready to do whatever it takes to see that through. I want to see families restored. I want to see God's name and word back in our schools. I want to see people running to know God and I want to see Believers running to meet these people to share Christ with them.

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

No comments: