Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Making a Difference

We are the body of Christ. As believer's, we function as one. We may never know how far our arms are reaching or where our steps are leading. I have worked in Children's Ministry for several years now, but I am only in my 10th month of full-time Children's Ministry. Many times I get caught up in the BUSYness of ministry and I stop and wonder, "Am I really making a difference."

I taught our kids a human video, or motions, to Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns. The song alone has a very powerful message, but seeing kids portray it and understand it will bring you to a new revelation of God's Truth. It has been a while since we have used that song in a service. However, I found out today that one of my kid's took that human video to his Grandfather's church and ministered during an offering time. Afterwards a school teacher told his mom that the human video changed her life. She had decided to start taking her Bible to school with her everyday and she would start speaking the Truth of God over her children and to her children.

How far are our arms reaching? Where are our steps leading? Are we making a difference?...YES. Not only in the young lives we come in contact with, but we make a difference that continues far beyond our boundaries. Changing lives and empowering them to go out and further God's message even further, that's making a difference. Be encouraged today...You make a difference. I sure was!

2 comments:

Jason Curlee said...

Excellent...your hard work pays off...and things like this make it all worth it.

Teacher said...

Thank you for the difference you have made in my childs life.I believe the call of God he feels on his life is partly due to what he has experienced in childrens ministry here at Hope. It is far reaching! Thank you!!