Monday, December 3, 2007

21 Day Challenge: John 13

Verse: John 13:38b
I tell you the truth, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.

Thoughts: Wow! Peter loves Jesus so much that he says he would die for Jesus. Jesus' response, "no you won't. In fact, you are going to deny me." I can see myself in Peter. At this point he is probably feeling a bit unsure. In his heart he loves Jesus with everything that is in him, just as I have done since a very young age. However, Peter inevitably denies knowing Christ 3 times after that moment. Now we are probably not faced with a point blank question of knowing or denying Christ the way Peter was, but in our daily lives we are faced with opportunities to do it God's way or not. In essence isn't this accepting or deny Christ's existence in our lives. I have a choice to get angry and go on a rampage and show anger in my words, actions, countenance...or I can choose to love the other person. One way accepts Christ as a part of our life and the other way denies His existence in us.

As a teenager growing up I had to make choices. These choices accepted Jesus or denied Him. It would have been easy to go with the crowd, to blend in, to be just like the world, but that choice would have said, "No to Jesus." We have opportunity to deny Jesus in our daily lives just like Peter. We are no different. What choices are we making? Are we saying, "Yes to Jesus?"

Prayer: Lord, I do not think myself any better than Peter. I have to face the choice every single day to do it Your way or not. Help me to choose You above everything else, no matter the cost. God, I choose You.

No comments: