Wednesday, December 5, 2007

21 Day Challenge: John 15

Verse: John 15:2
"He cuts off every branch in me that does not bear fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful."

Thought: My Grandma and Mother-in-Law have very slowly taught me how to keep a flowerbed alive. One of the things I have learned is to get rid of the plants or parts of plants that have died. These dead plants will only destroy the life around them. The other very important thing I learned was to quickly prune off any buds that had bloomed and died. This allows the plant to only feed productive parts of the plant.

Now Grandma was my Christian example. She poured a lot of God into my life. We walked to church together and sang in the choir together. Even in gardening she was teaching biblical principles that I will carry through the rest of my life.

To follow Jesus whole heartedly we need to lose the parts of our lives that are dead in sin. We need to uproot those parts of our lives and get rid of it. However, it does not stop there. We must daily prune away the areas in our lives that God is still working on. Those things he reveals to us that are still not of Him, we need to lose it and continue to feed the part of our life that follows after Christ. Most importantly stay connected to the God, the Vine.

Prayer: Lord, whether it is a comfortable feeling or not, continue to prune away the things in my life that are not 100 percent sold out for You. I pray that I have the diligence and desire to feed myself daily with Your word to continue to grow and stay connected to You.

1 comment:

Jason Curlee said...

I liked that one....I should be praying that one!!!!!