Thursday, December 6, 2007

You ARE What You ARE

After a trying time in ministry, my husband and I decided that we would take a step back temporarily and allow some time to heal. In all this I have taken on a new job that really was not going to require much leadership. I recently told a friend that I was taking a step back from the leadership role in most areas of my life. His response was he had never tried taking a step back from leadership but he would imagine for him it would be hard.

I have decided he was RIGHT. No matter how hard I try to stay in the background and simply exist like most people, I am thrust to the forefront to take on some important task or mission. I really have discovered that I can not deny who God made me to be. I can't be something I am not. I have had certain leadership qualities in me since I was a young girl. I guess it would be hard to run from yourself and certainly running from who God made me is a ridiculous thought. So, I will take challenges as God leads me, and I guess what I thought was going to be a vacation from leading, well it's over...and that's okay. Let's go, God. I'm willing and ready!

1 comment:

Jason Curlee said...

This is so very true. God made us who we are...our passions, gifts, etc... When we deny using them we deny who He made us to be.

It's like putting a Christmas gift under the tree and never unwrapping it. It's pretty but useless.