Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What an Experience! Challenge to Follow!!!

This journey through the Book of John has been a fulfilling, learning experience. It is a discipline that should already be instilled in me. Excuses or not, the bottom line is we should be feeding ourselves daily.

I know with the holidays and with normal motherhood responsibilities, blogging may not be an everyday thing. (Thus, why some of my post fall all on the same night.) However, reading and building myself up on the foundation of God's Word is a MUST, even more because I am a mom and my children are looking to me to be their example in life. My diligence in daily filling myself and prayer has already had GREAT results. My babies, every night read a devotion. It is a must before going to bed. This is an amazing blessing I am so thankful for. Just the other night I was away during bedtime and Dad was out of town. My 6 year old son woke up that morning and said, "Mom, I know you will be away at bedtime, but I already have the devotion ready for tonight and I will read it to my sister before we go to bed." Thank you, Lord, that my children are already learning how to be your disciples.

CHALLENGE: I have challenged kids for years to read one chapter of Proverbs a day every month. We should all GET WISDOM. How do we get the wisdom of the Lord? Read the wisdom He gave us. It just so happens that Proverbs has 31 chapters, wisdom for each day of the month. I am going to begin reading Proverbs each day. Starting in January, as my schedule permits, I will blog about Proverbs in the same fashion I did John with a hint of how God is speaking to my children through Proverbs, as well.

Parents, we have a HUGE responsibility to our children to be feeding them the word of God. I challenge you to not only encourage them to read the Bible, but to share in their Bible experience. You were given a Great Gift when you were given a child. To much is given, MUCH is required.

No comments: