Monday, December 3, 2007

21 Day Challenge: John 14

Verse: John 14:27
"I do not give to you as the world gives."

Thought: I am so glad God does not give as the world gives. The world gives and expects something in return. Jesus sacrificed it all and asked us for nothing. The world gives and takes it away again. Jesus gives and gives and gives. The world says it will give and then never does. Jesus does what He says He will do, every time. The world feeds our habits. God fills our needs. God gives freely, willingly, sacrificially even unto death because He loves us.

Prayer: Thank you God that You were in this world, but not of this world. Help me not to covet what it looks like the world has because it has nothing. Thank you for the gift of salvation that you freely give to all that ask. Lord, I look to You for the things I need. You have all I will ever need.

No comments: