Wednesday, November 14, 2007

21 Day Challenge: John 2

Verse: John 2:4
"...why do you involve me?" Jesus replied. "My time has not yet come."

Thought:
We all know that this is the first miracle, turning water to wine. My thought today is on obedience. How close were we to not having the first miracle? This miracle was all about obedience. The obedience of BOTH Jesus and the servants. When Mary told Jesus they had no more wine, Jesus' response was like our response is most of the times God calls on us...Uh, God are you sure about that. I don't think I am ready. Mary heard him and still continued on by telling the servants to obey everything he said. Jesus then did all he knew to do, OBEY. Then it turns to the servants. If they had declared the situation absurd and chose not to listen or OBEY where would we be. Many times all God is asking us to do is to OBEY no matter how crazy His request may sound. Then, as we see in this miracle, God not only provides a way but makes it the very best it could be. (John 2:10 You saved the best for last)

Prayer: Lord, help me to be obedient no matter what. Stop my questions and doubting so obedience can be my first reaction.

No comments: