Thursday, November 15, 2007

21 Day Challenge: John 3

Warning: This post may be very opinionated!!!

Verse: John 3:30
He must become greater; I must become less.

Thought: It's not about me! I have seen ministry that is all about God and getting the message of His Love and Salvation to the multitudes. Unfortunately, I have also seen ministry that is all about the presentation made by a person. The right words. The perfect alliterations. Catchy phrases. The perfect title. The perfect joke. (Remember Jesus is the only perfect man.) I have seen ungratefulness because the hoopla leading up to such a presentation wasn't good enough. In essence the pre-game show was substandard and therefore a distraction for the man, the REAL show. (Aren't you glad that God made us perfect just the way we are, whether we fail or succeed to perform the way a man demands, God still loves us.)

After watching such ministry for some time I have really had to take a step back and ask God what it is all for. Do I believe in order and being prepared, yes. I am a planner. I want to make the delivery of God's word hearable, receivable. However, I want to know that when I am sharing God with others that I stand before the people humbled. Humbled to be a servant of God, a child of God. Humbled that I have been given the boldness to share God with others. Humble that God could use a person like me to share true life with others. GOD MUST BE GREATER THAN THE MAN. When we stand before others do we want them to see us or God?

Prayer: Dear God, may everything I say and everything I do point others to you. May I merely be a vessel used to show how great You are, not me.

No comments: