Wednesday, November 28, 2007

21 Day Challenge: John 9

Verse: Honestly, I have to break the rules and reflect on a thought as I read the entire chapter.

Thought: Here Jesus heals a man born blind. Of course, it was done on the sabbath and the pharisees had a hay day going after Jesus, questioning EVERYTHING. You know what went through my mind, "Looking a Gift Horse in the Mouth". What a thought, right. Jesus came to bring us salvation and instead of accepting it, they ultimately took Him to the cross. I know this was the redemption plan, but I wonder how often blessings come our way, gifts are given to us and we dismiss them because it wasn't given by the right person or done the way we think it should be.

Prayer: Lord, help me look for the blessings everyday no matter what form it may come or the way it was given. Thank you for loving us and giving until it hurt.

No comments: