Tuesday, November 13, 2007

21 Day Challenge: John

Okay, so I have decided to take the plunge into John, also. I know there are people who have taken up the challenge to read through the book of John in 21 days...one chapter a day and share their thoughts. I decided to read but I wasn't going to blog my thoughts. Then I decided I was not going to stay in my comfort zone anymore. Here goes something...

Verse: (It's hard to pick one) John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

Thoughts: The extraordinary embraced and became the ordinary to reveal God to us. Wow! He was Fully God and yet Fully Human. How awesome it would have been to be alive then and ask Him questions, to see God's love in the flesh, to seek more of God. The amazing thing is that He left His work to us to continue. Jesus in us reveals God to others. When others have questions for God and when they need to see God's love in action, the world will look to those of us who have Jesus to share.

Prayer: Lord, let me be a light to the world as You were the light. May everything I do reveal God in me. May my words and actions show the world God's love, and may I be bold enough to stretch from the ordinary to the extraordinary to reach the lost for God.

1 comment:

Jason Curlee said...

great post...glad to have you on board with the challenge