Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Double Portion of Blessing

Today I have been blessed by my children. On the way to school this morning my son said he did not want any toys for Christmas. I asked him what he wanted and he said...I want the fruits of the spirit. I asked him to say it again because I wasn't sure i heard him correctly. He said that he had a few fruits of the spirit already...love, joy, kindness, etc...but he was still working on a few (patience, self-control). His only Christmas wish was that by Christmas he had them all. Thank you, Lord, that I have a young man who wants to be more like you everyday.

This afternoon my daughter blessed me, also. We were on the way to dance class and we were listening to Christian Music. Praise You in This Storm was on the radio and I could see my daughters hands were raised in the back seat. She was singing...I'll praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands, for You are who You are, no matter where I am...with her hands in worship to God. Two gifts from God to remind me just how awesome God is!

No comments: