Sunday, November 18, 2007

21 Day Challenge: John 5

Verse: John 5:44
How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?

Thought: A sad observation for me is the amount of people, even Christians, who seek the approval of man. In essence, putting the approval of God an afterthought to receiving the approval of man. We so often want to please those around us that we miss the mark and achieve so much less than what God has for us because we have sought to please people instead of God. I know that I have been guilty of putting aside a heavenly dream only to satisfy an earthly task. If the rest of us could follow the example of Christ and not seek earthly approval, imagine the impact we could make for Christ, instead of man. Earthly things will fade away, but the will of the Father lasts forever.

Prayer: Lord, help me to seek your approval. May I judge everything I do according to Your Word and not for the acceptance by man.

No comments: